<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Ethnic Cleansing in occupied Iraq; a sign of things to come?

In the harsh light of day, I feel like I should explain myself - the "cannibalism" comment (below) is sort of an in-joke with my fiancee. We were getting an obnoxious new kitten from the pound the other day, and discovered that our lease technically only allows one cat. E plans to feign ingnorance and just invite the landlord down to meet the new cat (Carlos lives right upstairs - his daughter loves our cat). I told her, "Civilization requires playing by the rules. One day, an extra cat, the next day, cannibalism!" Okay, so you had to be there.

We got the cat, of course, but I stand by my point. I believe Transparency Boy should be with me on this one. Political systems and economic markets are games people play. Games need rules, and referees.

Imagine March Madness without the refs. The tournament gives the nations best athletes the chance to show what they can do, but they couldn't do it without structure, otherwise, the dirtiest thugs, not the best teams, would win. They keep saying they've liberated Iraq, but lawlessness is not freedom. I'm not sure the neocons, who think the only way to win is to be the dirtiest thugs on the planet, can even tell the difference.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?