<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 19, 2007

"My Bitches" and Edwin Jordan

A few years ago, when I still had my first cellphone, the old-school 5150 Nokia, I u.sed to get a regular call from the same number ALL THE TIME. It was an (800) number so I never answered it, but I became intrigued enough to program the number into my phonebook so that this number would come up as "my bitches". Whenever that call came in, I would be able to announce, "hey, 'my bitches' are calling!"

"My bitches" NEVER left a message.

One morning, it was either a Saturday or a Sunday, "My Bitches" called 5 times before 9am. I ignored it 4 times. On the 5th time, I answered, "Why won't you stop calling me!" I actually shouted it, and I regretted it immediately. But by talking to the person on the other end of the line, I found out that it was Omaha Steaks, calling to sell me some meat. I actually had previously bought some gifts from Omaha Steaks, so they legitimately had my number, but their technique was very suspect. A legitimate company should either not repeatedly call you or they should leave a message.

Today I got another call from the same (301) number (local Maryland) that I get a call from every day. The difference between these more recent calls and the calls from "my bitches" is that these (301) callers always leave a message, but they never say where they are calling from or who they are calling on behalf of.

The message is always the same - the caller is looking for "Edwin Jordan", even though my message has always said that you have reached MY voice mail... NOT Edwin Jordan's.

The reason that I decided to write this post is because of the rush I got from finally answering the phone and yelling at "my bitches". I feel that day is coming for the (301) number as well. I'll post an update...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?